Monday, November 2, 2015

Picking a builder?

I can't help you here... our first builder went bankrupt.  Second builder does great work but he has so much work that he can't do it all by himself.  His hired help are just not that great and are pretty slow...  I've lost count how many people he has fired.

Our plummer was a "new" guy that didn't work out that great.  The builder ended up hiring him since his regular plummer was busy with his other jobs.

Now, remember, we just wasted a year after the first builder went out of business.  We were happy to find a good builder and was willing to get "in-line" with him.  Hindsight, we could have been more of a squeaky wheel about getting things done quickly but glad we didn't.
 
That extra time allowed me to check over the slow progress.  Found some mistakes that I pointed out and helped fix.  I also just took it upon myself to work on the house here and there.  I wanted to do more but I also didn't want to cause any problems trying to "help".

I saw a post that wasn't posted before about the furniture we ordered...  bottom line, we were not at all happy with the couches that we received from Funitureland South.  They say that they are custom built when we ordered, but heck, it was definitely not the couch we picked out.  They are hard, not sized correctly and basically not comfortable.

No comments: