Saturday, January 13, 2018

Not much has changed...

I'm checking in, and seeing if anyone else is still checking in to this site...  any questions send them to our spam account (dandemott (a t) hotmail) We do check it... 

So our kitchen is very good, love the two sinks, the dinning room is marginal but we rarely eat there (it's a bit small).  Island counter is better than I thought it was going to be... I was wanting it all the same height - now I just don't think that would have been good.

 Living room is pretty good, we like the high ceilings.  We had the couches directly across from each other but like it angled (as it is now) to view TV and see the stove.


 Stove is great but also a pain, once the house is warmed up... it doesn't take much to keep it at a comfortable level.  The pain part, lots of trips hauling wood up from the basement.  We need to figure out a better way and make that easier.

The passive solar aspect has been good (windows facing south).   We actually get a couple degrees of heating from the sun in the winter and the sun doesn't shine in to the house in the summer time.

We had big plans for the basement...  we still plan to finish a bathroom but the efficiency apartment is on hold.  Lots of other plans, insulate the basement, backyard, a pond(!?) --- it will be a few more years before moving up here full time.

Bedrooms are OK, we have not "furnished" them but we are now planning to put some dressers in each of the rooms.  There are a few things from the original plan that I would do differently but they are small details, I will not go into them here...

So that's the update on the house...   back in Nov. I thought about turning this blog into a "Hunting Rant"...  Mainly, I had nothing going on and had tons of time to just sit and think (in the deer stands) and instead of letting this blog die (like all the rest) I wanted to keep it alive and morph it into the pain and tribulations of hunting!!!

If I get bored, I'll post about that next time!!!



No comments: